I never thought, ever in my life, that I'd be writing a story about cereal. I haven't really eaten the stuff since I was in college and nowadays the most contact I have with it is gasping at the steep pricetag when I walk down the breakfast aisle in the supermarket. But, there's a first time for everything.
Kellogg's Special K recently commissioned a survey which included 7500 women between the ages of 18 and 55 from 15 different countries and this is what they discovered;
- Nearly 2/3rds of women say jeans are the first article of clothing that indicates weight loss or gain
- 65% of women say they would buy themselves a pair of jeans as a reward for losing weight
- Over 50% of women have jeans that don't fit
- 60% of women who own jeans that are too small hold onto them in hopes of fitting into them again
- 1/3rd of women have tried to lose weight for the sole purpose of fitting into their jeans
- 63% of women say they would wear jeans on a date, to a party or to work
So I guess when you put it all together, if you're a woman, especially one with real or perceived body-issues (for most it's the latter), jeans control your life.